2019 HBCU SOUL FOOD POPCORN CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. By entering this the HBCU SOUL FOOD POPCORN CHALLENGE (the “Contest”) and accepting the terms herein, you agree to be bound by the following rules (“Official Rules”), which constitute a binding agreement between you, on one hand, and SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN dba POPCORN WITH PURPOSE, on the other. SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN and any website companies hosting and promoting the Contest, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their agents, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are referred to as the Contest Entities. These Official Rules apply only to the Contest and not to any other contest sponsored by SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN and its affiliate POPCORN WITH PURPOSE.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to recognized Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) of the continental United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) for the Contest (“Entrants”). Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Contest Entities are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant’s participation in this Contest or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Each CONTEST begins upon POPCORN WITH PUURPOSE’s posting at www.popcornwithpurpose.com a request for the submission of Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the U.S. POPCORN WITH PURPOSE will state in its initial CONTEST posting the length of time for which it will accept orders for the stated fundraising cycle. All participating HBCUs agree to share information regarding the fundraising campaign with their constituents and supporters to our digital fundraising platform where all purchases must be made. Buyer/Donors will be required to designate an HBCU to complete their purchase. A percentage of sales from each product will be apportioned to the designated HBCU. All sales used to tabulate the final apportionment must be made through the Website www.PopcornWithPurpose.com as follows:
Step 1: Log on to www.Soul Popped Gourmet Popcorn.com.
Step 2: Click on the “BuyNow” bar associated with the HBCU Soul Food Popcorn Challenge.
Step 3: Designate the HBCU you are supporting. Make Your Purchase.
SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN and will review all submissions and based on final tallies submitted through the PopcornWithPurpose.com website, will select three (3) HBCUs as winners to split .25 percent of total gross sales for being the top producers in their designated category for one (1) first place grandprize of $125,000; one (1) second place cash prize of $75,000 and a one (1) third place cash prize of $50,000. All designations will be made at the sole discretion of SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN based on enrollment in the last completed academic year and other select criteria. The winner will be chosen based on tabulated sales totals based on metadata obtained exclusively from the PopcornWithPurpose.com website.
SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN will post the winning HBCUs on the www.PopcornWithPurpose.com and the www.Soul Popped.com websites. All monies will be awarded by check to the winning HBCUs no later than April 30, 2019.
All submissions made as part of the Contest shall become the property of SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN. The submission shall constitute an assignment of the copyright and all other rights to the entry. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole in whole in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN. Should promotion be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the prizes will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS: The Winners will be selected based on the criteria set forth above from among all eligible online sales received by the fundraising cycle deadline date. Selection of the Winners shall be conducted under the supervision of SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN. SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN will notify the Winners using the email addresses associated with registration accounts. Failure to provide an accurate, working email account through which SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN can contact you will disqualify you from receiving the contest prize.
Three (3) Grand Prizes will be announced and awared through an original post placed on www.PopcornWithPurpose.com website:
The monetary value of the prize package may vary depending upon the total amount collected during the fundraising cycle, but in no event will be greater than $250,000 and be at maximum equal to .25 percent of total sales. Any federal and state taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN. If any portion of a prize is unavailable, SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN reserves the right to substitute that portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Winners will be required to sign and return any applicable documents sent by SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN related to the Contest, which may include but are not limited to a letter of prize acceptance, waiver of liability, and an affidavit of eligibility within ten business (10) days of notification. Failure to return documents as specified or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate Winner being selected from eligible participants previously received. Where permitted by law, Winners agree to grant to SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN and SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN’s licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner or potential Winner selected from eligible participating sales previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules; and while not obligated to do so, SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for Winners or potential Winners to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting a prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN, their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible sales entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPERESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONTEST, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN reserves the right, at SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN’s sole discretion, to disqualify any participating HBCU SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN finds, in SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN’s sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site; to be in violation of the terms of service of the Contest Entities’ web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to eligible sales entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION: SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN will not sell, rent or otherwise transfer this information to any third party, nor will SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN use this information for marketing purposes without your consent. As stated above, the contest is open only to designated HBCUs in the continental U.S. In the event that any HBCU or their designee is found to be ineligible for participation, SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN will delete, erase or destroy any and all personally identifiable information that is obtained from the entries following the conclusion of the Contest.
9. DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, participating HBCus agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Texas having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of Texas without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of prize winners, available after June 3, 2019, send an email requesting the information to info@PopcornWithPurpose.com. Include the words “CONTEST WINNER REQUEST” in the subject line.
11. SPONSOR: SOUL POPPED GOURMET POPCORN, INCORPORATED. Our physical mailing address is 15635 Vision Drive, Suite 111, Austin, Texas 78660. Our business phone number is 518.620.7456.